Tuesday, March 05, 2019

To appear in Physica Scripta: "Classical states, quantum field measurement"


"Classical states, quantum field measurement" has been accepted by Physica Scripta, https://doi.org/10.1088/1402-4896/ab0c53. I will post the version I first submitted to Physica Scripta on November 4th, 2018 to arXiv:1709.06711, then there's an embargo for one year, after which I will post the "Accepted Manuscript" to arXiv.
The rules for what I can and can't do with versions of the paper are fairly involved, but I'm allowed to store the "Accepted Manuscript" on a "Personal Website", which I don't have (at least not that I can store a PDF on), so I've interpreted that to mean "on my computer", using the well-known file transfer protocol called "Send an e-mail to the author asking for the Accepted Manuscript". If you don't have subscription access to Physica Scripta and you don't want to ask me for the Accepted Manuscript, it seems within the spirit of being allowed to post the Accepted Manuscript for me to describe the principal changes (from the first submission) as a result of the discussions I had with the referee, after the abstract, which is:Title and abstract for "Classical fields, quantum field measurement"
The principal changes (from the first submission) as a result of the discussions I had with the referee are:
1. A new first paragraph:

2. A new final paragraph:
3. A new paragraph expanding on one way to understand the Dirac spinor random field and proposing a use that can be made of the type of construction:
4. The referee noted that the construction suggests a discussion of Bell inequalities. I didn't much want to get into this, because locality, superdeterminism,and the like are so complicated, but sure, I have a paper in JPhysA that I think deserves some love, so I changed a paragraph in the Discussion to say:

There are other minor changes, but that's most of it.

No comments :